Singapore authorities have been investigating various 1MDB-related fund flows through Singapore for possible money laundering, securities fraud, cheating, and other offences committed in Singapore.
- Singapore has to-date seized S$240m in bank accounts and properties linked to 1MDB
- UBS joins DBS, StanChart to say it had reported suspicious transactions on 1MDB
- US maps 1MDB fraud trail from Kuala Lumpur to Hollywood
- Malaysia's Attorney-General says no evidence of fraud at 1MDB
Transport Minister Khaw Boon Wan said on Thursday the government is studying the feasibility of extending the Thomson-East Coast Line farther from its current planned five stages of construction, which are scheduled to open from 2019 to 2024.
Shares of SMRT Corp resumed trading 8 per cent higher on Thursday, a day after Temasek Holdings' proposed S$1.2 billion buyout of the transport operator.
- Broker's take: OCBC recommends investors to accept Temasek's SMRT offer
- Temasek's buyout offer doesn't affect SMRT's ratings: S&P
Billionaire Adi Godrej is considering an initial public offering of his group's animal-feed unit, the largest producer in India, as business thrives in the biggest milk-drinking country in the world.
Singapore-based venture capital firm Vickers Venture Partners on Thursday announced it has raised S$86 million in the first close of its fifth Vickers Venture Fund, all from existing investors.
- Lower revenue, restructuring costs drag down Vard's Q2 results
- Keppel Corp's Q2 profit falls 48 per cent
- SATS's Q1 net profit up 29% on property disposal gains
- Suntec Reit's Q2 DPU unchanged at 2.5 cents
- Carpet firm SMJ International warns of half-year loss
The STI Today
The Straits Times Index (STI) drifted within a narrow band for most of Thursday's session before finishing with a 5.26-point loss at 2,940.48. Turnover amounted to 966 million units worth S$1.05 billion which was lower than the previous S$1.2 billion, and excluding warrants there were 215 rises versus 209 falls throughout the market.