SINGAPORE'S Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean expressed his sadness after a shocking attack at the office of satirical French magazine Charlie Hebdo left 12 dead and more than 20 injured.
In his facebook update, Mr Teo, who is also Co-ordinating Minister for National Security and Minister for Home Affairs, said it was "sad to see how extremism can lead to violence and bloodshed''.
"My deepest condolences to the loved ones of the victims in Paris. We must treasure and strengthen the ties that bind our communities together in Singapore. But no country is immune. We've stepped up our security patrols and surveillance in relevant areas. Singaporeans can also help by reporting any suspicious activities to the authorities.''
Heavily-armed gunmen massacred 12 people on Wednesday after bursting into the Paris office of the Charlie Hebdo weekly, which had long outraged hardline Muslims with controversial cartoons depicting Prophet Mohammed.
Paris police issued arrest warrants for two brothers wanted for the attack. The third suspect - 18-year-old Hamyd Mourad - had earlier surrendered to police, a source close to the case told AFP.