You are here
Singapore Wrap Monday
Today's notable stories
- Temasek, JTC in tie-up to merge four subsidiaries into two units
Temasek Holdings and JTC Corporation said on Monday that they have entered into an agreement to merge four of their operating subsidiaries, namely Ascendas, Singbridge Group, Jurong International Holdings (JIH) and Surbana International Consultants Holdings.
- Singapore private-home sales down 35% year-on-year in January
Singapore developers sold 372 private homes in January, up from the 230 units in December 2014. However, last month's sales figure is still a 35 per cent drop from the 572 units moved in January 2014.
- Singapore median household income from work grew in 2014
Median household income from work in Singapore increased in nominal and real terms in 2014, according to a report released on Monday by the Department of Statistics.
- Hot stock: Noble shares fall 9 per cent in trading
Noble Group's shares fell 11 Singapore cents or 9 per cent to S$1.095 as at 12.05pm on Monday, being the top volume-traded counter. Singapore Exchange (SGX) issued a query regarding its trading activity. This is the second such query issued by SGX to the company in the past five months.
READ UPDATE: Noble Group rejects allegations by Iceberg Research
- PM Lee Hsien Loong's surgery for prostate cancer 'successful'
Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong underwent a successful surgery for prostate cancer on Monday and is expected to recover fully, his office said.