Singapore firms signalled a further improvement in overall operating conditions in July, according to the Nikkei Singapore purchasing managers' index (PMI) released on Wednesday.
Certificate of Entitlement (COE) premiums for passenger cars mostly halted their slide in the first round of bidding for August on Wednesday, even with a larger COE quota kicking in.
The Singapore Sports Hub has appointed Manu Sawhney as its new chief executive officer. Mr Sawhney will join the Singapore Sports Hub on Sept 1 as CEO-designate before assuming his formal CEO responsibilities, which will commence on Oct 1.
In a filing to the Singapore Exchange on Tuesday, Noble Group revealed that the deemed interest of Invesco and its subsidiaries in their capacity as managers/advisors of various accounts, has fallen below 5 per cent.
- StarHub's Q2 profit up 5%
- Wilmar's Q2 profit up 18.8% on strong demand for oilseeds, grains
- Yangzijiang's Q2 net profit falls 17% on tax expense and drop in other income
- CapitaLand's Q2 net profit up 5.8%, boosted by fair value gains of China properties
- Venture's Q2 profit climbs 7.5%
The STI Today
Perhaps the best thing that can be said of Wednesday's stock market session was that the Straits Times Index avoided a fifth consecutive loss, though this was likely via short-covering than anything else.