- Small and big car COE premiums higher
Small and big car certificate of entitlement (COE) premiums spiked up as replacement buyers converged on showrooms last week.
- RBC 2 will not hamper well-managed insurance businesses: MAS
The proposed changes to the risk-based capital framework, or RBC 2, which seeks to reflect the relevant risks that insurers face, will be more risk sensitive and robust but it should not hamper well-managed insurance businesses.
- Centre for Dispute Resolution established at State Courts
A new centre for dispute resolution was launched at the State Courts on Wednesday.
- SGX February volumes down vs January, but higher than a year ago
The Singapore Exchange (SGX) reported on Wednesday evening that trading volumes generally fell in February compared to January, but were higher than February a year ago.
- JES to undergo restructuring
Chinese shipbuilder JES International Holdings on Wednesday said that it intends to restructure the group's assets and liabilities through a scheme involving its loss-making subsidiary, Jiangsu Eastern Heavy Industries (JEHI), and its creditors.
- Singapore: STI's slide corresponding to a weak, lifeless session
The STI rose five points and stayed there for virtually the whole session, before weakening in the final 20 minutes. Its eventual nett loss of 6.58 points at 3,415.53 accurately suggested a session that was boring, weak and lacking in notable features - which it was.