- URA revises index approach to track private home prices
In a move to enhance the way private home prices here are tracked, the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) said it has revised its index methodology and expanded its data coverage to capture all private home transactions.
RELATED ARTICLE: Quick take: After 14 years, URA's property index revision is timely: ERA
- SMEs expect weaker sales, profits over next two quarters
Small and medium-sized enterprises are looking less optimistic over the next six months due to lower sales and profit expectations.
- Private home prices in Singapore down 1.1% in Q1: URA flash estimate
Private home prices slipped 1.1 per cent in the first quarter this year from the preceding quarter - marking a sixth straight quarter of decline from the peak in the third quarter of 2013.
- Singapore bond issuances hit S$3 billion in March
Strong demand for Singapore dollar bonds has pushed issuances in March to hit S$3 billion, 20 per cent higher than the same month last year even as unease grows among bond investors wondering how long the debt rally will last.
- OCBC tightens terms for savings account with 3% bonus interest
OCBC on Wednesday said it would revise the terms of its 360 account - which offers 3 per cent in bonus interest annually on deposits up to S$50,000. This is the highest saving rate available in the market, at the moment.
- Singapore shares flat on mixed China data
Singapore shares staged a late rally to close flat on Wednesday as the Straits Times Index rose 0.01 point, or 0.0003 per cent, for a 3,447.02 close following uneven economic data in China.