You are here

Tech Mahindra to buy US healthcare IT firm CJS for US$110m

Monday, March 6, 2017 - 21:32

33-41355028 - 30_01_2017 - TECH MAHINDRA-RESULTS_.jpg
Tech Mahindra Ltd, India's fourth biggest software services exporter, will buy US-based healthcare IT consulting firm CJS Solutions Group for an enterprise value of US$110 million.

[BENGALURU] Tech Mahindra Ltd, India's fourth biggest software services exporter, will buy US-based healthcare IT consulting firm CJS Solutions Group for an enterprise value of US$110 million.

Tech Mahindra, which will acquire CJS through a unit, will make an upfront cash payment of US$89.5 million for the acquisition of 84.7 per cent stake in CJS with the remaining 15.3 per cent to be acquired over three years, the company said in a statement. CJS, which operates as the HCI Group, specialises in the implementation of electronic medical records (EMR) software.

Healthcare and life sciences business, which accounts for around 7 per cent of Tech Mahindra's revenues, has been a key focus area for the Indian company and the acquisition of CJS will help it consolidate its position, the company said.

Ernst & Young acted as the due diligence advisor to Tech Mahindra while Allen & Company LLC were the financial advisors to HCI Group.

sentifi.com

Market voices on:

The transaction is expected to close before the end of April.

Indian companies are speeding up acquisitions of US firms with local staff as they try to beat challenges posed by an expected tightening of visa rules in their biggest market.

India's US$150 billion information technology industry uses H-1B visas to fly engineers and developers to the United States to provide services to clients.

Any tightening of the visa scheme rules could restrict the companies' ability to send staff to the United States.

President Donald Trump's administration last week announced it would temporarily suspend expedited applications for H-1B visas.

REUTERS

Nespresso
Pair your daily business read with the perfect cup of espresso.

Subscribe to The Business Times today to receive your very own Nespresso Inissia coffee machine worth $188.

Find out more at btsub.sg/btdeal

Powered by GET.comGetCom