You are here
Daily Debrief: What Happened Today
Monetary Authority of Singapore Briefing
Speaking at a press briefing, MAS managing director Ravi Menon said the ongoing probe into financial transactions related to Malaysia's embattled state fund 1MDB is a stark reminder that the risks are real.
- Property cooling measures to remain: MAS
- MAS, MTI to review 1-3% growth forecast for 2016
- MAS: S$5.2b investment gain in FY15/16 official foreign reserves
Singapore-listed conglomerate Keppel Corp refuted allegations by Zwi Skornicki in his July 21 testimony in Brazil in connection with the ongoing Lava Jato, or Operation Car Wash, investigations regarding the company's alleged involvement in the illegal payments made by Mr Skornicki.
Singapore's inflation fell by 0.7 per cent from a year ago in June, compared to the 1.6 per cent drop in May when the government rebates to households cut housing maintenance-related costs.
Alibaba Pictures Group has purchased the rights to distribute Spackman Entertainment Group's film "Life Risking Romance" in movie theatres and on online platforms in China.
HDT Singapore Taxi will launch a fleet of 100 fully-electric taxis in Singapore as part of an e-taxi trial by the first quarter of next year.
- Raffles Medical Group posts 4.5% rise in Q2 profit, buoyed by higher revenue
- Changjiang Fertiliser narrows Q2 loss to 5.64m yuan
- Fortune Reit posts higher DPU of 24.78 HK cents for six months ended June
The STI Today
Caution reigned on Monday ahead of central bank meetings in Japan and the United States this week.