You are here
LEE KUAN YEW 1923 - 2015
Wake and funeral arrangements
- A two-day private wake which began on Monday is being held at Sri Temasek in the Istana.
- Mr Lee's coffin will be placed on a gun carriage on Wednesday and moved to Parliament House at 9am.
- The body will lie in state at Parliament House from Wednesday to Saturday. Those who wish to pay their respects can do so there from 10am to 8pm.
- Parliament will have a special sitting on Thursday at 4pm to pay tribute to Mr Lee.
- The state funeral service will be held at 2pm on Sunday at the National University of Singapore's University Cultural Centre, followed by a private cremation at Mandai Crematorium.
- The public can pen their messages on condolence boards in front of the Istana main gate and at Parliament House until Sunday. Condolence books are also open at all overseas Singapore missions.
- The public can also visit an official website, www.rememberingleekuanyew.sg, to express condolences and share their memories of Mr Lee.
- The Lee family respectfully requests no wreaths, flowers or condolence advertisements. All donations received will go to Education Fund, NTUC-U Care Fund, Garden City Fund and community self-help groups.
- Modern Singapore mourns founding father
- A life rich in achievement that leaves behind a precious legacy
- It's been an honour, Mr Lee
- A lasting legacy
- Markets calm on spirit of Lee Kuan Yew's legacy
- 'Remembering a true giant of history'