You are here
Singapore Wrap Monday
Today's notable stories
- Singapore Budget 2015: Key policy measures
A budget focused on building Singapore's future, was how Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam summed up his close to two-and-a-half-hour long speech in Parliament on Monday.
- Singapore Budget 2015: Overall Budget Balance for FY2015 projected at a deficit of S$6.7b
Singapore's overall budget balance for fiscal year 2015 is projected to be a deficit of S$6.7 billion, or 1.7 per cent of gross domestic product (GDP), Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam told Parliament on Monday.
- Singapore Budget 2015: Personal income tax rebate of 50% to benefit 1.5 million taxpayers
Some 1.5 million taxpayers in Singapore will benefit from a new personal income tax rebate of 50 per cent. This move, said Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam on Monday, will cost the government S$717 million.
- Singapore Budget 2015: Temasek to be included in net investment returns framework
Singapore will include the total expected returns from Temasek Holdings in its net investment returns (NIR) framework, said Tharman Shanmugaratnam, Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister, on Monday.
- Singapore inflation inches down to -0.4% in January
Singapore inflation eased to -0.4 per cent in January from -0.1 per cent in December, mainly due to a sharp price declines of oil-related items as well as lower food and services inflation.