You are here
Singapore Wrap Wednesday
Today's notable stories
- Proposed changes to Securities and Futures Act open for feedback
The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), on Wednesday, opened up for consultation its proposed amendments to the Securities and Futures Act to reform the regulation of over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives trading and the securities market.
- New guidelines to boost flexibility in redevelopment of landed houses
The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) will be pushing out a new set of guidelines to boost flexibility in the redevelopment of landed houses in Singapore.
- Singapore's tourist arrivals down 3.1% last year
Singapore saw 3.1 per cent less tourist arrivals in 2014 even as tourism receipts remained flat year on year.
- Private condo rents rose, HDB flat rents fell in January: SRX
Rents for private condominiums marked a monthly increase in January, reversing from the past 11 consecutive months of decline, but rents for public housing flats continued to slide, according to estimates by the Singapore Real Estate Exchange (SRX).
- Singapore's largest integrated startup space launched
BASH (Build Amazing Startups Here), a new startup facility located at Block 79 JTC LaunchPad @ one-north, was officially launched on Wednesday by Yaacob Ibrahim, Minister for Communications and Information.