You are here
Conference to highlight challenges and opportunities
ASIA Pacific Maritime (APM) 2016, one of Asia's biggest exhibitions and conferences, will return with its 14th edition with a focus on shipbuilding and marine, workboat and offshore. The three-day conference will comprise a lineup of regional and international industry figures as well as exhibitors under one roof to address challenges and explore the opportunities within the industry.
The keynote speech at APM 2016 will be delivered by Peter Williams, Quality Secretary at the International Association of Classification Societies (IACS), UK, who will be speaking on the IACS Quality System. The system aims to assure a certain level of quality given the complexity of the current and impending shipping regulations. His address takes place on the opening day of the conference on March 16 at 2pm.
The conference will also see industry experts discuss topics including:
- An outlook on how consolidation in the sector is affecting future growth;
- Resourcing talent to sustain the market demands of a bear market;
- Owners as a key driver in OSV supply and its impact on overall global demand dynamics;
- Is the weakness in Europe, a strong US dollar, diminishing growth in China, low energy costs and inevitable rises in interest rates causing concerns on this side of the world?
- How are the regional LNG markets maintaining its momentum in an uncertain business environment?
Asia Pacific Maritime 2016 will be held from March 16 to 18, 2016 at the Singapore Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Centre. More information about APM 2016 is available on https://www.apmaritime.com.