You are here
Bentley Systems to host Year in Infrastructure 2017 in Singapore
Leading industry executives and prominent thought leaders in the design, construction, and operations of the world’s infrastructure will be gathering in Singapore for Bentley Systems’ annual Year in Infrastructure Conference at the Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Centre, October 10 through 12.
The conference features more than 70 speakers and over 50 sessions including keynotes by leading industry experts, industry-focused forums, interactive workshops, panel discussions, product demonstrations, invitation-only summits, and technology exhibits and presentations from Bentley Systems and their alliance partners Microsoft, Siemens, Topcon, and Bureau Veritas.
“Going Digital” is the conference theme and will explore ways to leverage digital technologies to transform and improve project delivery and infrastructure asset performance. Kicking off the conference, CEO Greg Bentley will discuss projects that demonstrate the BIM advancements made possible through embracing technologies and processes for going digital – making data, which has traditionally been locked in application-specific files or paper documents, available to be used and analyzed throughout the design and construction stages of a project into operations and maintenance for improved TOTEX (the combined CAPEX and OPEX) over the infrastructure asset lifecycle.
Keith Bentley, Executive Vice President and Chief Technical Officer, and Bhupinder Singh, Bentley’s Chief Product Officer, will present the company’s vision to advance data-centric digital workflows.
Guest keynote speakers include Helmuth Ludwig, Siemens Global Head of Information Technology, and Corey Sanders, Head of Cloud Compute, Azure for Microsoft.
The conference also features the announcement of the winners in Bentley’s 2017 Be Inspired Awards program, which honors extraordinary infrastructure projects of Bentley users throughout the world. More than 50 Be Inspired Awards program finalists will present their projects to an independent panel of jurors, 130 members of the press, and conference attendees. From those presentations, winners are selected by jurors, and announced at the evening ceremony and gala on October 12.
Here is just a sampling of some of the speaker presentations:
- Motivating Change in the AECO Industry – Tai Fatt Cheng, Deputy Managing Director, Building & Construction Authority of Singapore
- Towards a Geo-enabled Smart Nation – Tan Boon Khai, Chief Executive, Singapore Land Authority
- Autonomous Vehicles and Impact on Design, Construction, and Operations – Panel Discussion
- Advances in Engineering Technology and Its Application in KVMRT Sungai Buloh-Serdang-Putrajaya Line 2 – Seng Tiok Poh, Er., Director Planning and Design, Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) Corp
- What’s Next for Reality Modeling – Jackie Wong, Marketing Manager, The Earth Solutions Limited
- The Challenges and Opportunities Facing Water Companies – Christine Aubrey N. Emboltorio, Head of Strategic Asset Planning Department, Manila Water, and Ronaldo C. Padua, Vice President and Head, Water Supply Operations Division, Maynilad Water Services, Inc.
- The Future of Inspectioneering – Thomas Daubigny, Chief Digital Officer, Bureau Veritas
- Making the Move to Mixed Reality – Chris Auld, Principal Technical Evangelist Manager, Microsoft
- Digitalization in the Process Industries – A Strategic Perspective – Bernd Kokkelink, Head of COMOS, XHQ, and Walkinside Software Business, Siemens
- Building New Infrastructure with Constructioneering – Murray Lodge, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Construction, Topcon
Attendees can attend multiple sessions from any of the following forums:
Buildings and Campuses Forum focuses on building information modeling (BIM) processes and the standards and cultural changes necessary to enable digital transformation, and includes discussion on how digital connections optimize asset performance to enable smart buildings and cities.
Digital Cities Forum examines how digital cities manage and mitigate risks associated with population growth and aging infrastructure, and how, through the convergence of technology, data, people, and processes, city planners adopt a “going digital” strategy. Forum speakers will also address the use of reality modeling technology and best practices in 3D modeling, geospatial, land development, BIM processes, asset performance, and more.
Industrial Forum discusses the importance of predictable, repeatable outcomes in project delivery. Forum speakers examine innovations and best practices, including establishing expectations, facilitating stakeholder alignment, achieving design optimization and efficiency, and measuring third-party performance to deliver sustainable performance improvements and drive advancements in project delivery and ongoing operations.
Rail and Transit Forum looks at trends and drivers affecting adoption of BIM methodologies across the asset lifecycle, and examines new and emerging technologies at the center of global rail and transit design, delivery, commissioning, handover, and operations.
Roads and Bridges Forum examines how technology enables the design, delivery, and operation of “smart” roads and bridges, emphasizing how technology will “disrupt” the industry. Speakers discuss BIM/BrIM from design to construction, construction automation, the autonomous vehicle movement, road safety, and continuous survey and maintenance.
Utilities and Water Forum explores how utilities facing industry challenges such as regulatory constraints, aging infrastructure, and increased service demands, can utilize digital engineering models, reality modeling, infrastructure management, operational analytics, and asset health to realize better performance, reliability, and compliance in a cost-conscious environment.
Prior to the start of the conference, guests are invited to attend Bentley’s Advancement Academies on Monday, October 9. These three learning workshops — BIM Advancement, Construction, and Reality Modeling, include sessions and interactive discussions with industry experts about best practices in each of these topics.
Registration and full conference details are available through www.bentley.com/yii2017.