You are here
Five guiding principles
ACCORDING to a recent Deloitte report based on a study conducted with the World Economic Forum, a successful digital identity network should be based on five guiding principles.
- Social good: The system is available to all users and delivers maximum benefit to a range of stakeholders.
- Privacy-enhancing: User information is exposed only to the right entities under the right circumstances.
- User-centric: Users have control over their information and can determine who holds and accesses it.
- Viable and sustainable: The system is sustainable as a business and withstands shifting political priorities.
- Open and flexible: The system is built on open standards to allow scaling and development; standards and guidelines are transparent to the stakeholders.