You are here
Highlights of fifth Singapore Construction Productivity Week
THE fifth Singapore Construction Productivity Week (SCPW) will be held from Oct 13 to Oct 16 at the Singapore Expo Max Atria and Hall 3.
This year BCA will collaborate with the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA) to feature technology solutions that looks to transform the built environment sector and improve productivity. (See next page)
The annual event aims to attract over 6,000 industry practitioners as well as academics from around the world to share and learn about advanced construction technologies and trends in construction productivity.
Key highlights of the SCPW include:
- The International BIM Competition, which provides a platform for students in institutes of higher learning to demonstrate their skills in Building Information Modelling (BIM) under the mentorship of industry practitioners.
- The government BIM Symposium, a sharing platform for BIM implementation and learning points with government delegates from various parts of the world.
- The Skilled Builders Project which will showcase a live demonstration of the construction of a Cross Laminated Timber and Glue-Laminated Timber structural module complete with architectural finishes like curtain wall and floor finishes.
- The Build Smart Conference, a two-day conference that provides a platform to share ideas and technologies in advancing construction productivity with the industry practitioners. Topics on DfMA (Design for Manufacture and Assembly), lean construction and BIM will be covered.
- The Productivity Challenge & Productivity Race to engage tertiary students on construction productivity concepts.
- BuildTech Asia 2015 which focuses on smart technologies that address challenges across different vertical industries in the building and construction sector in Asia.
- BCA will also be organising the third International Panel of Experts (IPE) meeting on Building Information Modelling from Oct 9 to Oct 12. The meeting will involve prominent overseas and local industry professionals who will share their insights to drive productivity and build capability in Singapore's built environment sector through the use of BIM.
For more details on Singapore Construction Productivity Week, visit www.scpw.sq