You are here
Achieving the triple bottom line
CDL'S sustainability efforts have achieved tangible benefits including:
- S$36.5 million worth of savings from annual electricity consumption from 57 Green Mark awarded buildings between 2008 and 2014;
- 21 per cent reduction in carbon emissions in 2014 (from baseline year of 2007), up from 18 per cent in 2013, and is on track to achieve its target of 25 per cent reduction by 2030;
- Water usage was reduced by 29 per cent from 717,033 cubic metres to 508,820 cubic metres in 2014;
- Water conserved at CDL's construction sites in 2014 more than doubled to 244,608 cubic metres from 121,715 cubic metres in 2013;
- 9 per cent increase in renewable energy generated by CDL-managed buildings from 199,732 kWh in 2013 to 217,567 kWh in 2014.