Stories you might have missed
ONLINE purchases of life insurance products have jumped to account for 40.7 per cent of all new policies taken up in the first nine months of 2022, but agents still account for the bulk of high-premium policies.
SINGAPORE will spend S$15 million to further carbon credit research in South-east Asia, after research found that Asia-Pacific hosts the highest concentration of the most profitable carbon projects that can generate returns on investments at close to US$25 billion a year.
THE MONETARY Authority of Singapore (MAS) is responsible for ensuring that a major part of Singapore's national decarbonisation and hydrogen transition plans can be financed.
SOUTH-EAST Asian leaders - including Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong - are in Cambodia for the 40th and 41st Asean Summits and Related Summits that will be held from Thursday (Nov 10) to Sunday.
PRIME residential prices have fallen for the second consecutive quarter in Q3 2022. As prices fall in line with current monetary policy, conditions will remain uneven in the short term, with the prime residential property in Asia-Pacific now a buyer's market, said Christine Li, head of research, Knight Frank Asia-Pacific (Apac).
- Markets cheer Singtel special dividend; company posts 23% higher H1 profit
- Genting Singapore Q3 net profit more than doubles to S$135.8 million as travel recovery continues
- Emperador reports 11% rise in 9M revenue but net profit slightly down
- Cromwell E-Reit's Q3 distributable income slips 0.4% to 24.2m euros
- Frasers Logistics & Commercial Trust posts lower H2 DPU
The STI today
THE Straits Times Index (STI) extended its rally into a five-session rising streak on Thursday (Nov 10), even as key Asian markets fell on caution ahead of the release of key US inflation figures.