You are here

Stocks to watch: CapitaLand, Lum Chang, Keppel, Best World International

THE following companies saw new developments that may affect trading of their shares on Thursday:

CapitaLand and Lum Chang Holdings: A joint venture between the two groups has acquired a Frankfurt, Germany office building for 234.3 million euros (S$375.1 million) in cash. CapitaLand holds 94.9 per cent of the joint venture and paid 222.3 million euros of the amount while Lum Chang, a construction company, holds the remaining 5.1 per cent. The freehold, multi-tenanted building known as Main Airport Center will be CapitaLand's first office building in Germany.


Keppel Corporation: A former lawyer at Keppel Corp's oil rig building business secretly pleaded guilty and cooperated with US authorities before the Singapore-based company agreed to pay US$422 million to settle charges it bribed Brazilian officials, according to court documents. Jeffery Chow, a former senior member of Keppel Offshore & Marine's legal department, cut a deal to help prosecutors in their probe of Keppel and other former executives, according to the documents unsealed on Tuesday in federal court in Brooklyn.


Best World International: The company has acquired a 22.5 per cent equity interest in Best World Lifestyle, a company incorporated in Malaysia, for a cash consideration of RM1.13 million (S$369,700). Upon completion of the acquisition, the company's equity interest in Best World Lifestyle will increase from 77.5 per cent to 100 per cent.

Your feedback is important to us

Tell us what you think. Email us at btuserfeedback@sph.com.sg

BT is now on Telegram!

For daily updates on weekdays and specially selected content for the weekend. Subscribe to t.me/BizTimes