You are here
CNMC Goldmine's stop-work order lifted, resumes operations at Sokor
THE stop-work order on CNMC Goldmine's Sokor project has been lifted on Monday.
Announcing this in a Singapore Exchange filing on Monday, the firm said that it has restarted its operations at the mine.
The temporary stop-work order, which came on July 19, was made in connection with the Kelantan government's review of CNMC's application to allow the mining of unlimited amounts of ore from Sokor.
"The relevant authorities are reviewing the company's application for the large scale operation status," said CNMC, adding that it will make further announcements on the progress of the application as and when appropriate.
The counter had been placed on a trading halt since 1.17pm pending the release of the announcement.
The stock had fallen nearly 8 per cent on July 22, after the stop-work order by the government was made known.