You are here
M&S website temporarily suspended after shoppers' details shown
[LONDON] British retailer Marks & Spencer temporarily suspended its website on Tuesday after some customers complained they saw other people's contact details when they logged onto the site.
M&S said on Wednesday there had not been a third-party attack on the site and said no financial data had been exposed or extracted. "Due to a technical issue we temporarily suspended our website for a period last night," the firm said. "This allowed us to thoroughly investigate and resolve the issue and quickly restore service for our customers. We apologise to customers for any inconvenience caused." An spokeswoman for M&S said the website was taken down at about 18:30 GMT and was back on by 2100 GMT.
Earlier this month M&S launched a new members club and card scheme called "Sparks" which requires customers to register online.
Last week British telecoms firm TalkTalk suffered a major cyber attack.