The pace of decline in prices of private homes has eased in the second quarter, where the fall was a smaller 0.4 per cent compared to the 0.7 per cent a quarter ago.
- HDB resale prices flat in Q2
- Quick takes on private residential, HDB Q2 statistics
- Singapore commercial space prices, rentals fall further in Q2
Japan made a pitch on Friday to Singaporean authorities to help develop the Singapore-Kuala Lumpur High Speed Rail (HSR), promising that commercial operations can start in seven years when Japanese companies win the project.
As of June this year, Singapore's financial sector has been involved in brokering close to US$4.5 billion in deals for Chongqing companies.
Singapore's construction industry has called for the review of the Public Sector Standard Conditions of Contract (PSSCOC) and the Security of Payment (SOP) Act for more equitable allocation of risks to contractors and easier settlement of payment disputes.
CapitaLand Mall Trust Management said on Friday that Funan DigitaLife Mall will be redeveloped into "an aspirational lifestyle destination" at a cost of S$560 million.
The median forecast in a Reuters survey of 10 economists was for the all-items consumer price index (CPI) to have fallen 1.1 per cent in June from a year earlier.
- CMT posts 3.3% rise in Q2 distributable income to S$97.1m
- Cambridge Industrial Trust posts lower Q2 distributable income and DPU
- Frasers Commercial Trust reports 3% DPU rise in Q3
- Ascendas India Trust Q1 profit grows 14%, to maintain distribution at S$0.0136
The STI Today
Wall Street's consecutive all-time highs between Monday and Thursday provided the backdrop for a firm week for the Straits Times Index (STI) during which it gained 20 points or 0.7 per cent at 2,945.35, of which 4.87 points came on Friday. The index has now gained 2.2 per cent for the year so far.