Remembering SR Nathan
The Prime Minister's Office (PMO) said that the government has accepted the wishes of Singapore's former president SR Nathan and his family in making the following funeral arrangements.
- PM Lee, Cabinet ministers, civil service pay tribute to SR Nathan
- Foreign leaders, diplomats, local organisations pay tribute to the late SR Nathan
- More tributes from the community pour in for former president SR Nathan
The Singapore Exchange (SGX) is imposing a moratorium on its minimum trading price (MTP) requirement while it seeks feedback on adding a market capitalisation test to existing criteria.
The key three-month Sibor or Singapore interbank offered rate used to price home loans is at a 12-month low of 0.87192 per cent on Tuesday, a level it reached on Aug 19.
Singapore's headline inflation rate stayed in negative territory for the 21st straight month in July, at -0.7 per cent from a year ago - the same as June's reading.
Singapore Exchange (SGX) on Tuesday issued a trading query to China Aviation Oil (CAO), the second query issued to the company in the past four months.
Other trading queries:
- SGX issues trading queries to Magnus Energy, New Silkroutes
- New Silkroutes responds to SGX trading query
The consultation will run for two months, ending on Oct 24, MinLaw and IPOS said in a release on Tuesday.
The STI Today
The Straits Times Index on Tuesday closed up 9.24 points at 2,850.43, after a gentle swing to a gain in late afternoon, led by the Singapore banks and telcos.