You are here
Daily Debrief: What Happened Today
Singapore Economic Data
Lifted by a strong December performance, the Singapore economy grew faster than expected in the fourth quarter and for the whole year of 2016.
- Singapore's MTI sticks to modest 2017 growth outlook at between 1-3%
- Quick takes: Surprise jump in Q4 boosts Singapore's overall GDP growth in 2016
- Singapore's non-oil domestic exports in 2016 fall 2.8% from a year ago
- Singapore's non-oil domestic exports rise 8.6% year on year in January
- Singapore manufacturing sector grows 11.5% in Q4
Capitaland's shopping mall arm, CapitaLand Mall Asia, will buy four office and retail properties in Japan for S$636.3 million, inclusive of transaction costs.
Singapore Medical Group (SMG) has, through a S$15 million share placement, ushered the entry of South Korea's CHA Healthcare Co as a major strategic shareholder.
Swiss insurer Zurich has announced the new structure of its commercial insurance business in the Asia-Pacific (Apac) region, following the merging of its global corporate and commercial units.
The Stratech Group proposes to undertake a rights issue to raise up to S$31 million in net proceeds, mainly to repay its short-term and interest-free loans.
The STI Today
US President Donald Trump said this week that his administration is running like a "fine-tuned machine" despite his national security adviser being fired; his pick for Labour Secretary pulling out of the running for the job; and his choice of a replacement national security adviser rejecting the offer.