You are here
Daily Debrief: What Happened Today
The transaction is at a preliminary stage and valid until Oct 31, 2017.
Cruise operator Genting Hong Kong Ltd said it, Apollo Funds and TPG Fund have agreed to sell an aggregate 6.58 per cent of shares in Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd with market value of US$428 million to third party investors.
Singapore sovereign wealth fund GIC on Monday named Wu Choy Peng as its first-ever chief technology officer, with effect from August 14.
Former Keppel Reit Management chief Ng Hsueh Ling has been appointed managing director (Singapore) and chief investment officer (Asia) of Lendlease, the Australia-listed property group announced on Monday.
Bitcoin soared past US$4,000 for the first time on growing optimism faster transaction times will hasten the spread of the cryptocurrency.
- Ezion suspends trading on dismal Q2 earnings; posts US$2.57m loss
- mm2 Asia Q1 profit up 30% to S$6.4m
- Olam Q2 profit up 29% to S$147.7 m on growth in food category
- Asian Pay TV Trust Q2 profit down 29% to S$11.4m
- Singapore Medical Group's H1 profit surges to S$4m
- Vallianz Q1 profit up 12.5% to US$4.3m
- Sinarmas Land posts 78.7% surge in Q2 profit
- Straco Corp posts 23% increase in Q2 profit
The STI Today
Share prices in the local bourse rose with the key Straits Times Index gaining 29 points or 0.9 per cent to 3,308.69.