A key factor in sustainable economic development is the equitable distribution of wealth, said Singapore Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat on Thursday.
The overall seasonally adjusted unemployment rate in Singapore remained unchanged over the quarter at 2 per cent in September 2015, according to the Ministry of Manpower on Thursday.
Singapore will need to deepen its comparative advantages in three areas so as to compete globally, and these are key issues for the Committee on the Future Economy to look into.
The Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (Iras) said on Thursday it had recovered S$217 million in taxes and penalties from its compliance reviews on companies last year, prompting it to highlight three common mistakes firms should avoid when filing their income.
Changi Airport said on Thursday that it handled 4.42 million passengers in September 2015, an increase of 3.9 per cent year-on-year.
Deutsche Bank said it was reducing its workforce by 15,000 as new Chief Executive John Cryan seeks to improve returns at Germany's biggest bank.
- Frasers Hospitality Trust's Q4 DPU at 1.66 cents, tad lower than forecast of 1.68 cents
- IndoAgri posts 153.8b rupiah loss for Q3
- iFast reports 0.5% fall in Q3 profit citing poor market conditions
- AIMS AMP Reit's Q2 DPU up 1.8% at 2.8 Singapore cents
- CDL Hospitality Trust's Q3 DPU slips 9.7%
- Ascott Residence Trust posts 2% dip in Q3 DPU
- Tuan Sing's Q3 net profit down 8% on impairment loss on Fuzhou site
- Sembcorp Industries' Q3 earnings dive as all engines stall
- M&C's Q3 net profit slips 33% to £24m
The STI Today
News from the US that the Federal Reserve has left the door open for an interest rate hike in December probably led to Thursday's 39-point or 1.3-per-cent loss for the Straits Times Index (STI) at 3,001.51.