You are here

Presumed death toll in London tower blaze rises to 79

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 18:15

24a-ns-london tower-190617.jpg
London police said 79 people were dead or missing presumed dead after a devastating tower block blaze last week.

[LONDON] London police said 79 people were dead or missing presumed dead after a devastating tower block blaze last week.

London Police Commander Stuart Cundy said the toll from the Grenfell Tower blaze could still change but probably not as much as it had in recent days.

He also said that five people who were reported missing had now been found safe and well.

REUTERS

sentifi.com

Market voices on:

Nespresso
Pair your daily business read with the perfect cup of espresso.

Subscribe to The Business Times today to receive your very own Nespresso Inissia coffee machine worth $188.

Find out more at btsub.sg/btdeal

Powered by GET.comGetCom