- Singapore December retail sales up 2.6% on strong vehicle sales
Retail sales in Singapore rose 2.6 per cent in December compared with the previous year but only because sales of cars and other vehicles jumped 41 per cent in the month, according to figures from the Department of Statistics on Friday.
- Singapore's NOL slips into 4th year of loss in 2014; Q4 loss narrows
Neptune Orient Lines Ltd slipped into the fourth straight year of losses in 2014, though the fourth-quarter net loss narrowed from a year earlier, the company said on Friday.
- Parliament: MPs unanimously endorse motion on audit finding lapses at WP-run Town Council
Parliament unanimously adopted a motion endorsing the Auditor-General's Office (AGO) findings of lapses at the Workers' Party-run Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council (AHPETC) on Friday.
- UOB Q4 net profit up 1.7% to S$786m
The UOB Group on Friday posted a 1.7 per cent increase in its net profit for the fourth quarter ended Dec 31, 2014 to S$786 million on the back of broad-based growth across core income streams.
- Olam struggles to hedge as nations devalue currencies, CEO says
Olam International Ltd, a trading house with food-commodity operations across 65 countries, says the global race to devalue currencies is wrecking profit.