- Median open market value of Cat A cars remains below S$20,000 after re-categorisation
The median open market value (OMV), based on the price actually paid or payable for the goods when sold for export to the country of importation, has gone down for cars registered in Category (Cat) A, following the re-categorisation of Cat A and B cars last February.
- Singapore Budget Debate: Preparing to meet evolving needs
The Singapore parliament heard from the Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Trade and Industry on Friday, as all three tabled plans to meet the evolving needs of the country.
- RHB to expand in Singapore, makes DMG & Partners Securities wholly-owned unit
RHB Banking Group intends to expand in Singapore and will make the Republic its hub for regional treasury and for originating regional business.
- GIC nearly doubles stake in operator of Madame Tussauds waxworks, Legoland
Singapore sovereign wealth fund GIC has nearly doubled its stake in Britain's Merlin Entertainments, the operator of Madame Tussauds waxworks and Legoland, to about 5.2 per cent.
- Lee Kuan Yew's condition "largely unchanged": PMO
Lee Kuan Yew's condition remains "largely unchanged", a statement from the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) said on Friday morning.
- Singapore: STI rises 15 points over the week
In Friday's session the index gained 22.24 points, reversing all of Thursday's 20-points loss, most likely because of expectations that Friday's US jobs report would be market friendly and lead to a stock market rally. The rise was led by SingTel, Jardine Matheson and Hongkong Land.