- SMRT extends train services and selected bus services on eve of Polling Day
- Government thinks long-term when developing policies, says Heng Swee Keat
- Grace Fu unveils five-year plan for Yuhua
- NSP did not make last minute decision to contest MacPherson, says Cheo Chai Chen
- Police issue permits for 8 rallies on Saturday
Get more GE2015 coverage here.
Authorities in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand have published a handbook to guide companies that hope to offer securities across borders through a streamlined review framework.
While a company is involved in confidential and material discussions, it must closely monitor the trading of its stock, said Tan Boon Gin, chief regulatory officer of the Singapore Exchange (SGX).
Genting Hong Kong (HK) has received approval from one of two Australian authorities to raise its stake in Echo Entertainment Group above 10 per cent, the gaming company announced on Friday.
The STI Today
The closure of China's market on Thursday and Friday to celebrate the end of World War II may have helped ease pressure on the Straits Times Index on Thursday, but it didn't help on Friday when the STI plunged 42.62 points or 1.5 per cent to 2,863.81 in tandem with a slide in the futures contract on the Dow Jones Industrial Average ahead of the release of the US August jobs data.