- Malaysia's Mahathir says he is sad over the passing of Lee Kuan Yew
Malaysia's former prime minister Mahathir Mohamad said on Friday that he is saddened over the passing of Singapore's founding prime minister Lee Kuan Yew even though they were not close friends and they "crossed swords" many times.
- Chiam See Tong pays respects to Lee Kuan Yew at Parliament House
Veteran opposition politician Chiam See Tong was at Parliament House on Friday afternoon to pay his last respects to Mr Lee Kuan Yew.
William Hague to represent UK at state funeral service for Lee Kuan Yew
Lee Kuan Yew featured on Time Magazine cover
- Margin costs soar as Singapore rates double
Rising benchmark rates in Singapore are reducing the appeal of bonds to wealthy individuals, as it becomes more expensive for them to buy on the margin.
- BlackRock disposed entire 2.4% stake in Keppel Land on March 26
Fund manager BlackRock has disclosed that it had on Thursday sold 37.3 million Keppel Land shares at S$4.38 each, and another 19,000 shares at S$4.54 each.
- Low Keng Huat Q4 profit spikes on recent projects
Low Keng Huat (Singapore) recognised two completed projects to give its fourth-quarter net profit a sharp spike despite declines in every other business segment, the builder and developer announced on Friday evening.
- Singapore: Banks, Singtel help STI gain 1.1% over the week
On Friday, the Straits Times Index rose 18.51 to 3,450.1, driven mainly by the banks and Singtel and volume was 1.6 billion units worth S$1.1 billion.