- DBS first-quarter profit rises 3% as interest income increases
DBS Group Holding, Southeast Asia's largest lender, posted higher first-quarter profit as net interest income increased.
- Quick take: DBS' Q1 profit exceeds analysts' forecast
- DBS says China trade-related loans down S$7b quarter on quarter
- Update: DBS' loans to grow 6% in 2015:CEO
Other Corporate Earnings
- HPH Trust to raise port tariffs by up to 10%; Q1 earnings nearly halve
- Lower rigbuilding revenue drags down Sembcorp Marine Q1 earnings
- QAF considers restructuring Malaysia unit; Q1 net profit up 3% to S$13.1m
- Raffles Medical reports 2.9% rise in profit for Q1 FY15
Passenger movements at Changi Airport slid 0.9 per cent to 13.1 million in the first quarter of this year, compared with the same period last year, on the back of softer traffic across most regions.
Fraser Commercial Trust (FCOT) has entered into a conditional sale and purchase agreement with Australand Property Holdings to acquire a commercial property in Melbourne for A$222.5 million (S$232 million).
BHP Billiton is contesting A$522 million (S$544.8 million) in Australian tax bills on its Singapore marketing operations up to 2010, after having paid almost no tax in Singapore since 2006, the global miner told an Australian Senate panel.
The Straits Timex Index kicked off the week with a 2.85-point gain at 3,515.85 on Monday, thanks mainly to strong gains in Singtel and UOB.