Singapore's employment grew at a "moderate pace" in the second quarter of this year, and layoffs continued to fall for a second quarter in the row, said the Ministry of Manpower on Thursday.
Auditor reporting standards here will be enhanced from 2017 onwards, allowing investors and other stakeholders to draw deeper insights from their reports of listed entities.
Noble Group Ltd, Asia's largest commodity trading firm, fell to the lowest share price level since Nov 2008 amid concern that demand is weakening for raw materials and the company's ongoing repurchases of its securities.
- Noble Group's buybacks near biggest acquisition in four years
- SGX issues trading query for Noble shares
Singapore Airlines has agreed to a request from Airbus to release seven of its A350-900 widebody jet orders back to the aircraft manufacturer, the carrier said in a statement.
- Mandarin Oriental's profit for first half of 2015 slumps 29%
- SMRT's Q1 profit down 10% to S$20m
- Neptune Orient Lines back in the black in Q2
- Roxy-Pacific's Q2 earnings down 43%
- China Aviation Oil reports flat profit for Q2
The STI Today
Singapore shares closed lower on Thursday with the Straits Times Index losing 34.48 points or 1.05 per cent to 3,249.52.