Resale prices of private condominiums and apartments inched up a meagre 0.3 per cent in July 2015 compared to June, data from SRX Property released on Thursday showed. They were driven up by the city and suburban areas which saw price increases of 1.7 per cent and one per cent respectively. Prices in the city fringe fell by 2.2 per cent, however.
Noble Group's troubles have spread from its stocks into its bonds, according to Simon Colvin, a research analyst at financial information services Markit.
Singapore Airlines Ltd said on Thursday it had scrapped talks with South Korea's Jeju Air on buying a stake in the budget airline.
Singapore's two largest banks said they stand to benefit from higher local interest rates and the weakening in the city's currency that followed the recent devaluation of the Chinese yuan.
- Singtel chalks up 13% rise in Q1 profit, lifted by exceptional gains
- CityDev's Q2 net profit slips 3.2%, declares special interim dividend
- Golden Agri posts higher Q2 profit on lower operating expenses
- Genting Singapore swings into the red in Q2 amid 'downturn' in Asia gaming
- Nam Cheong reports 83% drop in Q2 profit
The STI Today
The Straits Times Index on Thursday closed at 3,091.78, managing to regain 30.29 of the 136 points it had lost during Tuesday and Wednesday's selloff.