- Singapore Q1 GDP seen slowing, weakness in manufacturing hurts: poll
Singapore's economic growth is forecast to have slowed sharply in the first quarter as the manufacturing sector faced headwinds from sluggish global demand, a Reuters poll showed on Thursday.
- Muddy Waters says it has short position on Noble Group
Hot on the heels of the blogger Iceberg Research, short-seller Muddy Waters has entered the foray, attacking Noble Group for its accounting policies despite the commodities group's rebuttals.
Noble completely rejects Muddy Waters' allegations
- Centre of excellence to be set up for developing new e-Services
The government is assembling a team of IT experts and engineers who will be on call to develop digital services to better meet citizens' diverse needs and expectations as Singapore moves on the road to becoming a smart nation.
- New regime for corporate service providers to start from May 15
The enhanced regulatory framework for corporate service providers (CSPs) will take effect from May 15, said Singapore's Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (Acra).
- Keppel DC Reit's maiden distributable income above forecast
Keppel DC Reit, which listed last December, has reported its maiden distributable income of S$17.2 million for the period from Dec 12, 2014 to March 31, 2015. This was 1.3 per cent above its earlier forecast of S$16.9 million.
- Singapore: Noble in focus after short-seller's report
Here, the Straits Times Index muddled through an uninspiring day, one of the main features being a declaration by short-seller Muddy Waters that it is now targeting Noble Group. The STI posted 0.38 of a point loss at 3,460.30 and over in HK, the Hang Seng Index, which shot up 4 per cent on Wednesday and on Thursday rocketed up by almost 7 per cent before finishing a nett 2.7 per cent higher.