- Consumers able to compare life insurance products online from April 7
From April 7, consumers looking to purchase life insurance products will be able to compare more than 200 products that are available on the retail market through a web portal.
- Parts of Singapore's taxi fare structure to be standardised from H2 '15
Some parts of the taxi fare structure will be standardised from the second half of this year to prevent taxi fares from becoming even more complex in the future.
- Bank lending dips in February, dragged by weaker business loans: MAS
Bank lending in February fell from a month ago, dragged by a contraction in business loans for the third straight month.
- MDIS acquires Service Quality Centre
MDIS Corporation, a subsidiary of the Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS), has acquired Service Quality Centre (SQC) for an undisclosed sum.
- Lend Lease top bidder for Paya Lebar Central site
Six bids have been received for a 99-year leasehold mixed-use site in Paya Lebar Central. The top bid of S$1.67 billion or S$942.56 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr) came from entities linked to Australia's Lend Lease group.
- Singapore: STI ends weaker on the day, up 2.4% for the quarter
For all of Tuesday, the final trading day of the first quarter, trading was relatively quiet and boring - pretty much in line with the pattern of the past few days. The Straits Times Index spent half the day in the black and half in the red, eventually ending 7.25 points weaker at 3,447.01.