You are here

South Korea says govt has no current plans for a supplementary budget

Thursday, April 14, 2016 - 09:32

[SEOUL] South Korea's government has no current plans for a supplementary budget, a spokesman at the finance ministry told Reuters on Thursday, reiterating its previously stated stance.

The comments came after finance minister Yoo Il Ho said in a media interview on the sidelines of international meetings in the US that the government could draw up a supplementary budget if the economic situation changes.

Another senior finance ministry official told Reuters the current economic situation does not meet the legal conditions needed to draw up an additional budget.

REUTERS

sentifi.com

Market voices on:

Nespresso
Pair your daily business read with the perfect cup of espresso.

Subscribe to The Business Times today to receive your very own Nespresso Inissia coffee machine worth $188.

Find out more at btsub.sg/btdeal

Powered by GET.comGetCom