TEMASEK on Tuesday unveiled a new philanthropic platform to "better serve the evolving needs of the community".
The new platform comprises Temasek Trust, six foundations and a new central services and support entity. The foundations will "strive towards achieving positive outcomes for individuals and communities" through 17 endowments.
The foundations and their strategic thrusts are:
• Temasek Foundation International (capability and capacity building)
• Temasek Foundation Cares (communities in Singapore)
• Temasek Foundation Connects (building bridges)
• Temasek Foundation Nurtures (education and professional development)
• Temasek Foundation Innovates (research and innovation)
• Temasek Foundation Ecosperity (sustainability)
To support the work of the philanthropic platform, a new entity - Temasek Foundation Management Services - has been created to provide a dedicated centre to drive collaboration, support the work of the foundations and promote synergies.
Temasek added that the new platform aims to enhance overall effectiveness by optimising resources in the delivery of programmes to beneficiaries, and to increase collaboration to achieve better outcomes.
Since Temasek's inception, over S$2 billion has been committed for community initiatives, which has enabled Temasek's non-profit philanthropic organisations to aid more than 300,000 people locally and across Asia.