You are here

Netflix cuts ties with Kevin Spacey after sexual misconduct allegations

BT_20171101_UWNETFLIX_3155681.jpg
Netflix severed ties with Kevin Spacey on Friday, saying it will not be involved in any production of House of Cards if the actor, who faces allegations of sexual misconduct, continues to appear in the show.

[LOS ANGELES] Netflix severed ties with Kevin Spacey on Friday, saying it will not be involved in any production of House of Cards if the actor, who faces allegations of sexual misconduct, continues to appear in the show.

Netflix suspended production of the upcoming sixth and final season of House of Cards, in which the Oscar-winning Spacey plays US president Frank Underwood, earlier this week.

"Netflix will not be involved with any further production of 'House of Cards' that includes Kevin Spacey," the company said in a statement.

The suspension was reported earlier by Hollywood trade publication Variety.

sentifi.com

Market voices on:

Spacey apologised last weekend to actor Anthony Rapp, who had accused him of trying to seduce him in 1986 when Rapp was 14.

CNN reported on Thursday that eight current and former employees of House of Cards, who were not identified, alleged sexual misconduct against Spacey.

House of Cards has streamed on Netflix and has been produced by the company Media Rights Capital (MRC).

"We will continue to work with MRC during this hiatus time to evaluate our path forward as it relates to the show," the Netflix statement said.

Netflix also said on Friday it would not release the film Gore, which was in post-production and was produced by Spacey. The film was about the late writer Gore Vidal, with Spacey playing him.

Spacey's publicist cut ties with the actor on Thursday and it was not known who currently represents him.

REUTERS

Powered by GET.comGetCom