Find out more at btsub.sg/btdeal
You are here
First eight startups picked for SPH Plug & Play accelerator programme
SINGAPORE Press Holdings (SPH), Plug and Play, and Infocomm Investments on Tuesday announced the inaugural batch of eight startups selected for the SPH Plug & Play accelerator programme, which was announced in April this year and set up to develop high-growth startups to address challenges faced by the media industry.
The eight startups - selected from a pool over 280 applicants from more than 10 countries - represent a "cross-section of some of the interest areas" for SPH, including content creation and curation, online market places, and social media and distribution platforms.
1. Bolt: A mobile-first platform that seeks to connect brands with content providers in the region
2. Circus 20/Twenty: A social intelligence platform that turns social insights and analysis into actionable marketing data for brands
3. Fashory: A fashion community of female working professionals in Asia
4. Imagin8ors: A team of educators and technologists that seeks to reimagine learning to maximise what is unique to each child
5. PlusMargin: A predictive analytics platform for e-commerce retailers
6. Snapask: A mobile app that instantly connects students to tutors for one-on-one academic support
7. Tutate: An iPad app that allows users to purchase and work on assessment books
8. Yellow Elevator: An employee referral system designed to help employers find candidates through social networks of their employees
The eight startups will take part in the 100-day accelerator programme from July to October 2015. They will each receive a seed funding of S$30,000, as well as mentorship opportunities from SPH, Plug and Play, and Infocomm Investments.