SUBSCRIBERS

China will defend rights but will not initiate trade war with US

Chinese Commerce Minister says trade war with the US will only 'bring disaster to China and the US and the world'

Published Sun, Mar 11, 2018 · 09:50 PM

    Beijing

    ANY trade war with the United States will only bring disaster to the world economy, Chinese Commerce Minister Zhong Shan said on Sunday, as Beijing stepped up its criticism on proposed metals tariffs by Washington amid fears it could shatter global growth.

    After pressure from allies, the US has opened the way for more exemptions from tariffs of 25 per cent on steel imports and 10 per cent on aluminium that US President Donald Trump set last week.

    Share with us your feedback on BT's products and services