You are here

Albedo to buy majority stake in Taiwanese aesthetic medicine group for S$18.9m

STEEL trading company Albedo Limited said it has agreed to acquire a majority stake in a Taiwanese aesthetic medicine group, which will serve as a "springboard" for its expansion into China's fast-growing healthcare market.

Under a conditional sale and purchase agreement inked on Thursday, Albedo agreed to buy a 51 per cent stake in China iMyth Company Pte Ltd from China Medical Investments Company Pte Limited (CMIC) for S$18.9 million. The remaining 49 per cent of China iMyth is owned by Taiwan's plastic surgeon expert Chung Yih-Chen, who is also its managing director.

The payment will comprise S$12 million in cash and 550 million shares at an issue price of 1.25 cents per share.

Albedo CEO Tai Kok Chuan said: "We have been exploring opportunities to diversify our business in the wake of increased competition and softening demand in our steel trading business. We believe that a stake in China iMyth will create value for shareholders and enhance Albedo's long-term viability."

Your feedback is important to us

Tell us what you think. Email us at btuserfeedback@sph.com.sg

BT is now on Telegram!

For daily updates on weekdays and specially selected content for the weekend. Subscribe to t.me/BizTimes