Big 4 accounting firms most productive in Singapore: census

Published Mon, Dec 28, 2015 · 06:00 AM
Share this article.

THE Big Four accounting firms are much more productive than all other accounting firms here and together have a 67 per cent market share, an inaugural census of accounting firms in Singapore has found.

Average productivity, measured in revenue per worker, came in at S$142,000 in 2015 for the Big Four firms, which all had at least 1,000 employees, the Singapore Accountancy Commission (SAC) said in a press release on Monday.

That level of productivity was a significant jump from the S$95,000 achieved at "large" accounting firms with 101-999 employees, SAC figures showed.

Accounting firms fared progressively worse moving down the size ladder, with "micro" firms of fewer than 10 employees chalking up a revenue per worker of S$68,000.

The SAC estimated that accounting firms in Singapore altogether generated S$1.8 billion of revenue in 2015. The Big Four accounted for 67 per cent of that and the remaining 33 per cent was shared among 697 smaller accounting firms.

BT is now on Telegram!

For daily updates on weekdays and specially selected content for the weekend. Subscribe to

Companies & Markets


Get the latest coverage and full access to all BT premium content.


Browse corporate subscription here