Disney takes US$1.5 billion writedown on programmes it is removing from streaming
(Bloomberg) – Walt Disney will record a US$1.5 billion expense related to programmes it is removing from the Disney+ streaming platform.
The expense is part of a previously announced plan to write down some programming, the company said in a filing Friday (Jun 3), and will be recorded in the current fiscal third quarter.
In May, Disney said it was weighing a write-off of up to US$1.8 billion to reflect the diminished value of movies and TV shows that were coming off the Disney+ service.
In the filing Friday, Disney said it anticipates another US$400 million impairment charge related to film and TV content. BLOOMBERG
Decoding Asia newsletter: your guide to navigating Asia in a new global order. Sign up here to get Decoding Asia newsletter. Delivered to your inbox. Free.
Share with us your feedback on BT's products and services
TRENDING NOW
When every phone becomes a satellite phone, what happens to Asia’s telcos?
Father-and-son duo Raj Kumar and Kishin in exclusive due diligence to buy Scotts Square
Too little, too late? Manila’s billion-dollar bid to ignite its sputtering EV industry
The factors that make South-east Asia’s top conglomerates stand out