You are here

SIA Engineering and Stratasys sign JV agreement to establish additive manufacturing service centre for commercial aviation

SIA Engineering (SIAEC) and applied additive solutions provider Stratasys have signed a joint venture agreement to establish an additive manufacturing service centre to provide 3D printed parts for use in commercial aviation.

Under the agreement, SIAEC will have a 60 per cent equity stake in the joint venture, with Stratasys holding the remaining 40 per cent. This Singapore-based additive manufacturing joint venture will offer design, engineering, certification support and part production to customers worldwide including airlines, maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) providers and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).

This joint venture will leverage on additive manufacturing technology to produce plastic aircraft cabin interior parts as well as tooling for MRO providers.

Png Kim Chiang, CEO of SIAEC, said: "With increasing adoption of additive manufacturing technology in the aerospace industry, this joint venture will be able to access growing demand for additive manufacturing services. We look forward to partnering with Stratasys to provide our customers with new service offerings as we continue to enhance our suite of MRO services."

The transaction is not expected to have a material impact on the financial performance of SIAEC in FY2017/18.

Your feedback is important to us

Tell us what you think. Email us at

BT is now on Telegram!

For daily updates on weekdays and specially selected content for the weekend. Subscribe to