Struggling fashion label Lanvin to get makeover
Paris
TROUBLED French fashion house Lanvin is to be relaunched before the end of the year, with plans to expand into accessories and other luxury goods, the label told AFP on Tuesday.
The oldest Paris fashion house, which has been in turmoil since the shock sacking of popular designer Alber Elbaz two years ago, said its owner, the Taiwanese media magnate Shaw-Lan Wang, will fund the turnaround with a fresh cash injection. The news comes amid renewed speculation about the future of the label, which sank into the red to the tune of 18.3 million euros (S$28.9 million) last year, its first loss for a decade.
Share with us your feedback on BT's products and services