You are here
Daily Debrief: What Happened Today
Singapore Property Figures
- Q3 private home prices rise 0.7%; beats flash estimate, confirms first gain in 4 years
- En bloc sale sites could add about 9,300 homes to supply: URA
- HDB resale flat transactions fell 3.2% in Q3
- Office rents rise 2.4% in Q3 on higher space absorption
- Retail slump continues in Q3 as rents ease 0.2%, prices slip 0.9%
Singapore's economic recovery is gathering pace, with growth rates accelerating over two straight quarters thanks largely to a sustained increase in global electronics demand, the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) said.
Singapore's labour market - which has been mired in the doldrums - is showing signs of turning the corner amid a rosier economic outlook, the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) said.
DBS Group Research remains positive on Sheng Siong Group, pointing to the supermarket chain's latest pre-tax margin that hit a record high of 9 per cent on strong gross margins, and modest increase in operating expenses relative to revenue growth.
Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements continue to burden financial firms with higher compliance costs and ballooning headcounts around the world, surveys by Thomson Reuters have found.
Citi Private Bank has appointed Steven Lo as its new Asia head, succeeding Bassam Salem when he retires in February next year.
The independent financial adviser for Global Logistic Properties' (GLP) independent directors has deemed a proposed privatisation to be fair and reasonable, according to scheme documents despatched on Friday.
Triyards Holdings, which flagged concerns over its going-concern status in September, said that it has received demand letters from two of its lenders for a total amount of US$9.1 million.
- Suntec Reit's Q3 DPU slips 2.1% on enlarged unit base, but property income improves
- CDLHT's Q3 DPS dips 3% on rights issue, but property income grows
- Yoma Q2 profit drops 56.8% on higher minority interests, lower fair-value gains
- Indofood Agri Q3 profit drops 37% on fertilisers and forex
- Viva Q3 DPS grows 5% as portfolio occupancy improves to 90.9%
The STI Today
Share prices on the local bourse capped the week's trading in positive territory with the key Straits Times Index climbing 30.19 points to finish at 3,386.44 on Friday.