You are here
Deutsche Bank co-CEO says he was moved by gathering at Lee Kuan Yew's wake
Deutsche Bank's co-chief executive, Anshu Jain, described Singapore's former Prime Minister, Lee Kuan Yew, as a "visionary global leader" who had a lifelong commitment to develop Singapore's economy and the welfare of its citizens.
"I had the great privilege of meeting Mr Lee: he left an indelible impression on me," he said in a statement.
Mr Jain was in Singapore on Friday to attend the wake of Mr Lee at the Parliament House to offer condolences on behalf of Deutsche Bank. "I was moved by the expression of emotion by many people who had gathered there," he added.
- Mr Lee's final gift: One united people
- A shared Singapore moment
- A calibre that's sadly lacking in regional leaders now
- A lasting legacy: Key socio-economic policies Lee Kuan Yew launched or oversaw
- In his own words: Lee Kuan Yew never shied away from saying exactly what he thought
- A lion among leaders: Tributes from global leaders
- Lee Kuan Yew: legacy in numbers