You are here
LEE KUAN YEW 1923 - 2015
Events leading up to Lee Kuan Yew's state funeral
- Mr Lee Kuan Yew's coffin will be placed on a gun carriage on Wednesday and moved to Parliament House at 9am.
- The body will lie in state at Parliament House from Wednesday to Saturday. Those who wish to pay their respects can do so there from 10am to 8pm.
- Singapore River Explorer is providing free river taxi shuttles from Clarke Quay and Clifford Pier from Wednesday to Saturday, noon to 5pm.
- There are 18 community sites all over Singapore for the public to pay tribute, including at the People's Association headquarters and Hong Lim Park.
- Parliament will have a special sitting on Thursday at 4pm to pay tribute to Mr Lee.
- The state funeral service will be held at 2pm on Sunday at the National University of Singapore's University Cultural Centre, followed by a private cremation at Mandai Crematorium.
- The public can pen their messages on condolence boards in front of the Istana main gate and at Parliament House until Sunday. Condolence books are also open at all overseas Singapore missions.
- The public can also visit an official website, www.rememberingleekuanyew.sg, to express condolences and share their memories of Mr Lee.
- The Lee family respectfully requests no wreaths, flowers or condolence advertisements. All donations received will go to Education Fund, NTUC-U Care Fund, Garden City Fund and community self-help groups.
- For queries, call the official hotline at +65 6336 1166 or email email@example.com
- Tributes flow in from NTUC, universities and foreign leaders
- An architect of the Singapore miracle
- A pilgrim who sought world order
- In his own words
- Remembering an extraordinary human being
- Host of events in Singapore postponed as mark of respect