You are here
Singapore Wrap Friday
Today's notable stories
- Study on M'sia-S'pore Rapid Transit System to start after JB terminal is decided
The second phase of an engineering study on the Rapid Transit System (RTS), to which Singapore's MRT system will be connected, will begin after the location of the terminal in Johor Baru has been fixed.
- Temasek says Singapore not Greece in S&P critique
Singapore's Temasek Holdings has told Standard & Poor's in 29 pages why it shouldn't mess with the state-owned investor's AAA rating.
- Exceptional gains boost SIA's Q3 net profit to S$202.6 million
Lifted by exceptional gains, Singapore Airlines' (SIA) net profit for the third quarter virtually quadrupled to S$202.6 million from S$50.1 million a year ago.
- Singapore's life insurance business up 3% in Q4 to S$764.3m
Singapore's life insurance business inched up 3 per cent to S$764.3 million in total weighted new business premiums in the fourth quarter of 2014, boosted by a higher uptake in single premium products.
- A single SME authority not viable: Spring Singapore
Spring Singapore dismissed on Friday the SME Committee's recommendation for a single SME authority, saying that the expertise provided by the different agencies are too different.