You are here
Singapore Wrap Friday
Software solutions provider Silverlake Axis called for a trading halt "with immediate effect" pending an announcement, after its stock fell by as much as 27 per cent to an intra-day low of S$0.615.
Singapore banks' loan growth will stay subdued over the coming quarters, but the lenders stand to enjoy higher net interest margins as the market expects rates to rise, said a Friday report by Fitch Group's BMI Research.
Perennial Real Estate Holdings is venturing into the African continent through a joint venture with Shangri-La Asia to develop a 49,874-square-metre site in Ghana.
The Monetary Authority of Singapore will reprint new folders for the SG50 commemorative notes set to correct a typo which misspelled the name of Singapore's first President, Mr Yusof Ishak.
Singapore General Election
- PAP incumbent Lim Biow Chuan to defend Mountbatten single-seat ward
- Veteran MP Amy Khor to defend Hong Kah North single-seat ward in next election
- Two new faces spotted at walkabout in Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC as SPP-DPP team takes shape
- SDA first to release manifesto for coming GE
- Lawrence Wong, Halimah Yacob to co-anchor PAP's Marsiling-Yew Tee GRC team
- PAP's Tin Pei Ling will defend MacPherson SMC
The STI Today
The Singapore market finished 1.3 per cent lower on Friday, with the Straits Times Index falling 38.77 points to 2,971.01 after China's flash manufacturing PMI came in far worse than expected.